Event Management Intern for Cardiff-based environmental charity Size of Wales
Full time July 1st – October 30th 2012; £1,250 per calendar month (Start date negotiable)
An opportunity for an ambitious, energetic and personable public event manager to contribute to this innovative and high profile national project, by developing a pan -Wales fundraising event scheduled for October 19th 2012, our “Go Green Day”.
Size of Wales is a unique national scheme to sustain an area of tropical forest the size of Wales as part of our national response to climate change. An area the size of Wales is frequently used to measure the rate of forest destruction. Through Size of Wales we aim to turn that negative use of the country’s size on its head, by encouraging the people of Wales to take positive action and help protect an area of tropical forest equivalent to the size of our nation. Size ofWales was launched in 2010, it is funded through The Waterloo Foundation and has its office in Llandaff where the post will be based. The intern will report to the Partnership Manager who will oversee the event planning and provide guidance. The role will suit a recent graduate or MSc.
- Event management skills & experience
- Confident, outgoing personality with ability to engage and enthuse people
- Flexibility and creativity
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Fundraising experience
- Community engagement and mobilisation experience
- Social networking skills using Facebook & Twitter. Size has over 6,000 supporters on Facebook and an active online presence
- Enthusiasm for the aims of the Size of Wales: Helping to reduce the effect of climate change through reducing tropical deforestation
- Ability to speak and write in Welsh
- Understanding of issues of nature conservation and sustainable development
Please send cv and covering letter to email@example.com by June 15th 2012.
Comments are closed.